1. Goalie situation: They have several things they are working on. Ross listed the following:
a) They've contacted Kendel H. He is a U13 that plays catcher and goalie for the Christian Academy. He will come to practice next week for a tryout.
b) Posted goalie request on SC Soccer website. Joel reports that 150 folks have viewed the request so far.
c) Kevin Mc. (with US Club) soccer is actively looking for US Club players moving to or living near the area.
d) Talking to area JV coaches
e) Possible partnership with Aiken Soccer Club
2. Kevin Mc. (above) has put us in touch with a kid moving here in August from California -- not a goalie. He plays at the gold level and will try out.
3. We will train on Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30 to 7:00 until July 5th. Then we'll be off until August.
4. Ross will get back to MB on August 10, and fall training will start on August 14.
5. During the season, we'll train on Tuesday and Thursday. 5:30 - 7:30. On Tuesday's, Ross will do technical training. On Thursday's, Joel will do tactical training. They will be coaching from a syllabus.
6. Fall tournaments: looking at doing 3 or 4
a) Aiken Cup or Adidas Shootout (Greensboro) - both near late Aug/early Sep
b) YMCA Carolina Shootout or Charleston Shootout (Mt. Pleasant) - October
c) CASL Shootout (Raleigh) and/or Lake Norman Classic - November
7. On-line registration: Please do this ASAP so they can get a firm count of who's playing. http://www.coastfa.com/enroll/
Kit Fee $125
$350 + Kit due Jun 5th
$225 due July 1st
$225 due Aug 1st
8. Medical release forms: please get these in by next week. http://www.coastfa.com/enroll/0000000026.html
Give to me, Ross, or mail to: Coast FA / 628 Chestnut Road / Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
Must be notarized; needs a raised seal or a stamp for travel across state lines.
9. Uniform: We will be getting new uniforms (except for the guys that played U14 last year). These will be the same style that all the other CoastFA teams wear. CoastFA will provide these. I think they're the Adidas Squadra II (or similar.)
Post a Comment